How can I contribute to DOAJ?
- Support us with a financial contribution
- Contributions help keep the DOAJ service running and allow us to develop it further.
- If you have evidence that a journal in DOAJ might be questionable, contact us.
- All information shared with DOAJ is done so in confidence and is never published.
- Include the ISSN of the journal when you email us.
- If you find a broken link or something that is out of date or incomplete, contact us.
- We apppreciate the community providing us with this type of feedback.
- For broken links in articles, include the journal’s ISSN, title and the title of the article.
- Become a volunteer
How do I reset my password?
If you cannot log in, you can reset your password. An email is sent to your email address with a rest link. That link is only valid for 24 hours. Check your Spam folder to make sure the link doesn't go in there. If you do not receive the email, contact us.
I haven't heard anything about the application or update I submitted
Most applications are processed within three (3) months. Some applications take longer. We aim to have all applications processed within six (6) months. Please wait 3 months until you ask for a status update. Due to the volume of emails that we receive, we cannot answer status updates for applications which are less than three months old.
We aim to process updates to journals already in DOAJ in three (3) weeks.
I know a journal which should be in DOAJ but isn’t. What should I do?
Contact the journal and ask them to submit an application. You can also send us the details of the journal—title and ISSN—and we will contact them.
The journal I am looking for isn’t in DOAJ. Why?
Maybe the journal hasn’t applied to us or its application is still in progress. Maybe the journal was removed from DOAJ.
How do I report a bug or ask for technical help?
If you are a registered GitHub user, or you don’t mind becoming one, you can log a GitHub issue directly in our repository. Alternatively, you can send the information we ask for below to our helpdesk.
When you report a bug, please include the following information. (You may not be able to provide every detail but fill in as many as you can.)
- The URL of the page
- The time of the error
- Whether the error happened once or repeatedly
- If you are uploading XML, was it DOAJ or Crossref XML?
- Whether you are uploading a file or uploading from a link
- The file(s) you had problems with
- The exact error message as it appeared on your screen, including the detail under the 'show error details' link if there is one
- A screenshot of the error message
- The DOAJ account ID that you are logged in with
How do I update the information about my journal?
Log into your account and go to your Publisher dashboard. Under the 'My journals' tab, you will see all the journals connected to your account. You can use the 'Update' button to submit an update to us. You cannot update the title or ISSN of your journal this way.
How do I upload article metadata?
You must have a publisher account to upload metadata to us. Log into your account and go to your Publisher dashboard to begin.
Help on creating and uploading XML is available.
How do I update the title or ISSN of my journal?
Contact us with the following details: - old title and new title - old ISSN and new ISSN - date of the change - whether the old title and ISSN have ceased to exist or not
How do I update the account details you have?
You can update your account details by going to 'My Account', 'Settings'. You can update your name, email address and password. If you cannot log in, you can reset your password.
If the account holder has changed and you need to add a new name and email address, please contact us. You should be able to provide the account name or the name of the previous account holder.